Everyone knows I love these tag-and-question games. They’re a great way to get to know other authors, and I enjoy doing them.
So thank you, Kevin Parish, for nominating me!
I won’t be nominating enough people right now, today, because I’m not sure who enjoys this sort of thing. If you’d like to become a part of my usual tag-game fun list, let me know!
- What verbal graffiti do you use too much? (Examples: Like…Well anyway… I know, right… Huh… Umm…)
I think I just curse a lot and make people too scared to listen to the fact I don’t know what I’m doing.
- What is your favorite color?
Plaid. Though, if patterns aren’t allowed, green. The kind of avocado green they used to make refrigerators.
- Do you love, hate or couldn’t care less about professional sports?
Hate professional sports. I find it a waste of GDP and a celebration of toxicity.
- What’s the name of your longest-time best friend?
Gah, that’d probably be my spouse, and I haven’t got permission to share that name on the interwebs.
- What’s the funniest nickname you have ever heard?
This girl in high school went by Lu, and I thought that was a normal, somewhat masculine replacement for Lucille until I was in a class with her. On the first day, the teacher read off the names on the list, did a double take, and said sheepishly, “…Lucifer?” then the girl raised her hand and said, “I go by Lu.”
- Do you have a nickname that you can/will share?
I don’t currently have a nickname. When I was in 4th grade, though, I was Scrooge in our class play of “A Christmas Carol,” and everyone called me “Bah Humbug” or just “Humbug.” I think it stuck for so long because I didn’t like the idea of being a humbug and got overly defensive.
- Have you ever started laughing really hard just by thinking about something? If so, and you can remember, what was it?
Honestly, I laugh whenever I think of this picture of Nicholas Cage:
According to the relevant reddit post, this picture was the result of a printer malfunction. I first saw the image in 2013 and it still makes me belly laugh when I think of it. I have it bookmarked.
- What are three of your “bucket-list” to-do’s?
1. See Rod Stewart in concert
2. Traditionally publish a book
3. Figure out the secret to not being constantly miserable or something like that
- Would you rather have a lake house or a mountain chalet or something else?
I’d rather just be a suburban loser who lives walking distance from the grocery store and driving distance from their parents.
- What country would you live in if you couldn’t live in the one you live in now?
- Do you believe that people can change? Why or why not?
I believe people can change because I think everyone changes anyway. I think the main thing is that change is extremely slow and, often, that change can have temporary or permanent reversions. Because of this, we often don’t see the the state where people we don’t like fix themselves. We often have to gain distance and lose touch before we can see that change.
- What’s the most recent book you’ve read, and did you like it?
- How long do indoor plants stay alive in your abode?
- How long does your dried laundry wait until it is folded?
- A masked madperson puts a gun to your head and says, “You are going to time travel to a year prior to 1900 and live their for the rest of your life, or I will shoot you. You can choose the year and country of residence.” When/where do you travel to, or do you just let this mysterious person shoot you?
- Do you have pets?
- What is your favorite thing to cook?
- Off the top of your head, what book would you reccomend right now?
- Should toothpaste be squeezed from the bottom, middle, or top for maximum comfort? Do you follow your own advice?
- What are your opinions on breakfast?
- What is your optimal bedtime?
- Who is your favorite historical figure (must currently be dead)?
I’m nominating you because I thought you might like these games. If you’re not a fan, let me know in the comments and I won’t be offended! I’ll just stop tagging you. 🙂
- Hannahconda Blog – Recent post: Make Up Book Tag (look at the post for the funny gifs alone)
- Joanne the Geek – Recent post: My Life in Darkness (Seriously, this is a good dark romance. Really interested to see where it ends up!)
- Drawing a blank on who else might enjoy these sorts of games. I do want to nominate more people, but I don’t want to make you uncomfortable. Let me know if you want to join in games, and I’ll put you on my list of people to watch!