The Witty Nib Writing Club seeks to provide an opportunity to engage in constructive writing activities online. Comments are key here at the writing club, and we’d love to have you join us!
For more information on the Club, follow this link to the club’s main page.
Quick Rules of the Club
To have your post included in the roundup, do the following:
- Make a post that follows the month’s theme. Using a pingback or a comment on this post, make it available to other club members.
- Comment on someone else’s post. Be constructive!
- Fill out the form below. Make sure you put good links – both to your post and the post you commented on.
Unless there’s a lot more responses than I expect, I’ll be checking those links! Even if you don’t want to comment, you can put your post in the comments and I’ll do my best to check it and comment myself. 🙂
This Month’s Theme
This month, we’re going to examine what makes something humorous. You can choose to write in any genre – from memoir to sci-fi to horror – but it must have a humorous element to it.
- Write a 500 word passage that includes something funny. It can be one word or 500 words, but it needs to be there.
- At the end of your post, point out one element you thought was funny. If you can, tell us why, but that’s not required because sometimes that’s hard.
- Comment on at least one other person’s post. Be constructive if you can, supportive if you can’t!
This means linking to your post in the comments below. I’ll approve pingbacks, but you might want to comment if you don’t see it show up soon. I’ll read your stuff if no one else does!
Leave a link in the comments for other people to participate with. This form is for the end-of-the-month roundup. If you want to be included in the roundup, you’ll need to use this form. If the form doesn’t seem to work, I’ll see what I can do for the next post.