Writing is my favorite hobby. There are a lot of how-to guides on writing out there, so I don’t intend to reiterate things you’ll easily find on the internet. The links below lead to posts in my Resources series, each of them intended to speak of ideas or methods I’ve not seen expounded upon elsewhere or have not found a succinct, handy guide for.
- Software and Websites
- Common Comma Conundrums
- Think Before you Thesaurus
- SEEK AND DESTROY Passive Voice Sentences
- Beta Reading – Read for Others!
- How To Get the Best out of Beta Readers – Ask Good Questions
- Beta Reading – The Interview Style
- How Many Beta Readers Do I Need?
- Gentle Letdowns – Beta Reading Something Awful
- Writing as a Pantser
- Storytelling in D&D
- Writing Good Characters of Other Genders
- Making Aesthetics
- 3 Tips for Good Dialogue
- 5 Devious Ways to Improve Your Writing
- How To Start A Writing Blog and HAVE FUN
- Geography 1: Maps
- Geography 2: Geography Shapes Culture
- Presence of Magic
- Animal Characters in Writing
- Science in Fiction – Who Actually Does Science?
- How To Write Biology in Science Fiction Part 1 – DNA
- How To Write Biology in Science Fiction Part 2 – Evolution
- How to Write Biology in Science Fiction, Part 3 – Making Aliens and Fantastic Beasts
- Writing About Time Travel