Writing is my favorite hobby. There are a lot of how-to guides on writing out there, so I don’t intend to reiterate things you’ll easily find on the internet. The links below lead to posts in my Resources series, each of them intended to speak of ideas or methods I’ve not seen expounded upon elsewhere or have not found a succinct, handy guide for.
Improve Your Writing Craft
- Software and Websites
- Common Comma Conundrums
- Think Before you Thesaurus
- SEEK AND DESTROY Passive Voice Sentences
- Writing as a Pantser
- Storytelling in D&D
- Writing Good Characters of Other Genders
- 3 Tips for Good Dialogue
- 5 Devious Ways to Improve Your Writing
- Are You Polyamorous With Your WIPs?
- 5 Tips for Memoir Writing
- 5 Tips for Rewriting Prose
- 5 Tips for Making Stuff Funny
- 5 Types of Research for Your Novel
- Beta Reading – Read for Others!
- How To Get the Best out of Beta Readers – Ask Good Questions
- Beta Reading – The Interview Style
- How Many Beta Readers Do I Need?
- Gentle Letdowns – Beta Reading Something Awful
Social Media Tips
- How To Start A Writing Blog and HAVE FUN
- How Writing Prompts Can Help Your Blog
- 5 Tips on How to Use WordPress Tags, Categories, and the Reader
- 5 Easy Ways to Get the Most out of Blog Writing Prompts
- Making Aesthetics
- The Big Blog Question: Quantity vs. Quality
- 5 Ways Getting Personal Can Affect Your Blog
- Don’t Quit – You Didn’t Mess Up Your Blog!
- Geography 1: Maps
- Geography 2: Geography Shapes Culture
- Presence of Magic
- Animal Characters in Writing
- Science in Fiction – Who Actually Does Science?
- How To Write Biology in Science Fiction Part 1 – DNA
- How To Write Biology in Science Fiction Part 2 – Evolution
- How to Write Biology in Science Fiction, Part 3 – Making Aliens and Fantastic Beasts
- Writing About Time Travel